We are looking for a motivated Project Coordinator to join the Program Management group for management, execution, and maintenance of collaboration activities with academic/industry partners in progressing drug discovery projects. The incumbent would report into the Program Management group and maintain a dotted line reporting structure to the Discovery Research Project lead/s (RPL). This is an opportunity for a recent graduate to gain and develop PM experience supporting Drug Discovery programs moving into Development.
About Catalyst Biosciences, the Protease Medicines company
Catalyst is a research and clinical development biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs in rare disorders of the complement and coagulation systems. Our protease engineering platform has generated two late-stage clinical programs, including MarzAA, a subcutaneously (SQ) administered next-generation engineered coagulation Factor VIIa (FVIIa) for the treatment of episodic bleeding in subjects with rare bleeding disorders. Our complement pipeline includes a pre-clinical C3-degrader program partnered with Biogen for dry age-related macular degeneration, an improved complement factor I protease for SQ replacement therapy in patients with CFI deficiency and C4b-degraders designed to target disorders of the classical complement pathway as well as other complement programs in development.
- Support Research Project Leader by collaborating closely with external partners in academia and industry to track goals, milestones, timelines, and budget.
- Integral and key resource supporting Research Project leader in managing x-functional research meetings, providing support with meeting agendas, facilitating adherence to agendas, drafting minutes & maintaining SharePoints.
- Follow up with external partners to track and maintain project timelines.
- To ensure focus/scope on goals with the project champion or Research Project Leader.
- Use PM tools/software to log issues, discussions, etc.
- Pro-active in identifying gaps or issues and recommend/initiate processes to improve.
**Title/Level to commensurate with educational and professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences (or equivalent experience).
- Prior work experience in managing academic labs or industry research experience is a plus.
- Highly collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills to support multiple projects with minimal oversight in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in project management principles and tools i.e., MS Project Word, Excel, PowerPoint, team collaboration tools.
- Experience working with external collaboration partners is desirable.
- Previous experience in budgeting/finance is a plus.
- Desire to develop and grow experience in PM skills.
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number (NC21-PMC) in the subject line.