Catalyst Biosciences is seeking motivated Senior Research Associates to join our Protein Engineering and Assay Science teams. Our new research associates will have expertise in assay development, protein expression and/or purification that will be applied to the discovery of engineered protease biopharmaceuticals in rare diseases. The position will report to a (senior) scientist in a cross-functional environment in brand new laboratories in South San Francisco.
About Catalyst Biosciences, the Protease Medicines company
Catalyst is a research and clinical development biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs in rare disorders of the complement and coagulation systems. Our protease engineering platform has generated two late-stage clinical programs, including MarzAA, a subcutaneously (SQ) administered next-generation engineered coagulation Factor VIIa (FVIIa) for the treatment of episodic bleeding in subjects with rare bleeding disorders. Our complement pipeline includes a pre-clinical C3-degrader program partnered with Biogen for dry age-related macular degeneration, an improved complement factor I protease for SQ replacement therapy in patients with CFI deficiency and C4b-degraders designed to target disorders of the classical complement pathway as well as other complement programs in development.
- Generate and characterize recombinant proteases for in vitro and in vivo studies leading to selection of a candidate for clinical testing.
- Lead efforts in mammalian expression, culture harvest and clarification, purification, and analytics.
- Lead assay development and functional characterization of recombinant proteins.
- Perform protease screening on an automated platform using a variety of biochemical assays.
- Be a part of building up a modern, state-of-the-art laboratory.
**Title and level to commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, bioengineering or another related field.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to perform work in a careful and meticulous manner.
- Willingness to learn and work independently.
- Good understanding of enzyme structure and function is preferred.
- Experience with automation is an advantage.
- Ability to lift and push up to 30 lbs.
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing SRA in the subject line.