Catalyst Biosciences is seeking a motivated Supply Chain leader to join our Biologics Development and Manufacturing team as our Manager, Clinical Supply Chain.The ideal candidate will play a key leadership role driving the planning, coordination, and execution of activities related to procurement, distribution, shipping logistics for clinical supplies to clinical sites globally in support of the Clinical trials.
About Catalyst Biosciences, the Protease Medicines company
Catalyst is a research and clinical development biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs in rare disorders of the complement and coagulation systems. Our protease engineering platform has generated two late-stage clinical programs, including MarzAA, a subcutaneously (SQ) administered next-generation engineered coagulation Factor VIIa (FVIIa) for the treatment of episodic bleeding in subjects with rare bleeding disorders. Our complement pipeline includes a pre-clinical C3-degrader program partnered with Biogen for dry age-related macular degeneration, an improved complement factor I protease for SQ replacement therapy in patients with CFI deficiency and C4b-degraders designed to target disorders of the classical complement pathway as well as other complement programs in development.
- Senior-level contributor responsible for leadership and management of network of Suppliers and vendors and establish an effective Supply Chain.
- Manage relationships with CMOs, CROs, and key suppliers including coordination, communication, and technical oversight, to ensure timely delivery, shipment, and distribution of cGMP products, Standard of Care, and other ancillary supplies to support clinical trials.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to maintain an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located at the CMOs, at sites, and in the Warehouse.
- Maintains the required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production. Actively monitors inventory of supplies and ensures a robust supply by proactively engaging with the third-party suppliers and vendors.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; develops strategy and suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and minimize delays in procurement and shipment of supplies.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
**Title and level to commensurate with education and experience.
- Master’s degree in business or a scientific discipline with a minimum of 7 years direct experience in a development environment or bachelors with a minimum of 10 years experience in a relevant position is required.
- Ability to effectively manage vendors globally.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal).
- Must be well organized, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skills in Catalyst’s Core Competencies:
- Drive, Intensity, Enthusiasm
- Goal Orientation/Commitment to Task/Follow-up
- Attention to Quality & Detail
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Ownership & Accountability
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number (AC21-268) in the subject line.