Senior Accountant (VC19-207)
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for hemophilia and other rare bleeding disorders using our potent, subcutaneous (SQ) coagulation factors that promote prophylaxis therapy. We have completed the Phase 2 trial of our subcutaneous (SQ) Factor VIIa (FVIIa) variant marzeptacog alfa (activated) (MarzAA) for prophylaxis. The study met the primary endpoint of significantly reducing the annualize bleed rate (ABR) in patients with hemophilia A or B with inhibitors. The study also met all secondary endpoints of safety, tolerability and lack of anti-drug antibody or inhibitor formation. We have also initiated enrollment in a Phase 2b trial of dalcinonacog alfa – DalcA, a next-generation (SQ) administered Factor IX (FIX) therapy being developed for the treatment of hemophilia B.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for Procure to Pay (vendor payments and T&E) and the Payroll process. This person will be a utility player on the team, which will have an opportunity to influence a wide range of activities, including General Ledger, Clinical Accounting, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting.
The Senior Accountant role is a “hands on” position with direct responsibility for Catalyst’s Procure to Pay and payroll processes. The short-term goal for this position is to maintain the current AP and Payroll processes and work with Finance team including HR to automate payment processing thru NetSuite and SVB and implement ADP Workforce. The Senior Accountant will eventually act as a utility player in other functions within Finance including GL, clinical accounting, manufacturing accounting, SEC reporting etc.
- Vendor Management and Contract Administration
Set up vendors and process payments in ERP (NetSuite) and in SVB including sending out welcome package to new vendors; collect documentation and information to ensure the company has complete vendor information. Maintain and file all contracts in company’s electronic database.
Work with Finance team and Line Managers to maintain accurate purchase reporting and records. Resolve PO issues with stakeholders and accounts payable including, price discrepancy, closing open PO’s, amendments, change orders and other changes as needed. Manage Concur and AMEX including month end reconciliations.
Coordinate with HR and process payroll semi-monthly in Paylocity including associated benefit file submissions in accordance with company’s payroll policies and procedures. Perform payroll reconciliation semi-monthly. Support payroll and benefit related audits.
- Financial Reporting, Audit and SOX
Perform monthly AP Close and review open PO reports with Line Managers to ensure completeness. Maintain effective controls in the AP and Payroll process and support financial and SOX audits.
- Bachelor’ Degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- Public accounting experience / CPA preferred
- Ability to work with/learn multiple systems (NetSuite, Concur, AMEX, SVB, Sterling, Standard, Paylocity/ADP)
- Organized and able to multitask
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify and propose solutions to solve problems
- Proficiency in Excel programs is essential
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Open minded and have the desire to learn and grow
- Demonstrated skills in Catalyst’s Core Competencies:
- Drive, Intensity, Enthusiasm
- Goal Orientation/Commitment to Task/Follow-up
- Attention to Quality & Detail
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number VC19-207 in the subject line.