Manager, Information Technology (IT) (FS19-200)
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for hemophilia and other rare bleeding disorders using our potent, subcutaneous (SQ) coagulation factors that promote prophylaxis therapy. We have completed the Phase 2 trial of our subcutaneous (SQ) Factor VIIa (FVIIa) variant marzeptacog alfa (activated) (MarzAA) for prophylaxis. The study met the primary endpoint of significantly reducing the annualize bleed rate (ABR) in patients with hemophilia A or B with inhibitors. The study also met all secondary endpoints of safety, tolerability and lack of anti-drug antibody or inhibitor formation. We have also initiated enrollment in a Phase 2b trial of dalcinonacog alfa – DalcA, a next-generation (SQ) administered Factor IX (FIX) therapy being developed for the treatment of hemophilia B.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager who will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all information technology within the organization as well as hands on user support. This position reports to the Executive Director, Finance & Compliance Officer.
- Proactively identify technology improvement projects for the benefit of the company and its employees.
- Research, recommend, and manage implementation of these technology improvement projects.
- Develop, implement, and administer IT policies for all employees and systems in areas including but not limited to security, data management, data retention, and appropriate use.
- Continually assess technologies, vendors, calling plans, etc. in order to perform ROI cost management analyses.
- Select and mange cyber security consulting firm to improve current policy
- Maintain on premises Windows servers
- Seek opportunities to migrate existing on prem resources to cloud based environments such as MS Azure.
- Maintain network, cloud-based phone systems, tablets, workstations, laptops, videoconferencing, and remote access VPN network solutions.
- Provide end-user support on a variety of heterogeneous computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Provide IT related onboarding and offboarding support for all company employees, contractors, interns, etc.
- Proactively manage all software/hardware licensing, warranties, vendor contracts and relationships, as they pertain to IT
- Proactively manage IT security related protocols such as Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Anti-Phishing and Malware appliances.
- Manage IT consultants to distribute workload and skillsets as required
- Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred: MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CCNA, Sec+, CISM
- 10+ years' experience working within information technology, focusing on small to medium sized business, both PC and Mac environment
- Strong understanding of Windows Server environments (File Server, AD DC, Exchange etc.)
- Strong understanding of SLA support requirements, particularly with senior executives
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture, cloud technologies & SaaS applications
- Experience in the most current technologies
- Strong problem solving, and communication skills required
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Project and Vendor Management experience
- Experience supporting IT in a Venture Capital and/or Private Equity firm a plus but not required
- Software development abilities a plus but not required
- Demonstrated skills in Catalyst’s Core Competencies:
- Drive, Intensity, Enthusiasm
- Goal Orientation/Commitment to Task/Follow-up
- Attention to Quality & Detail
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number FS19-200 in the subject line.