Associate Director, Information Technology (FS19-200)
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address hematology indications. Catalyst is focused on the field of hemostasis, including the subcutaneous prophylaxis of hemophilia and facilitating surgery in individuals with hemophilia. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director, Information Technology who will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all information technology within the organization as well as hands on user support. This position reports to the Executive Director, Finance & Compliance Officer. This position will provide end to end IT support for users and systems.
As the IT Manager, you will:
- Proactively identify technology improvement projects for the benefit of the company and its employees.
- Research, recommend, and manage implementation of these technology improvement projects.
- Develop, implement, and administer IT policies for all employees and systems in areas including but not limited
- to security, data management, data retention, GAMP5 compliance and appropriate use.
- Continually assess technologies, vendors, calling plans, etc. in order to perform ROI cost management analyses.
- Select and manage cyber security consulting firm to improve current policy
- Maintain on premises Windows servers
- Seek opportunities to migrate existing on premises resources to cloud based environments such as MS Azure.
- Maintain network, cloud‐based phone systems, tablets, workstations, laptops, videoconferencing, and remote access VPN network solutions
- Provide end‐user support on a variety of heterogeneous computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Provide IT related onboarding and offboarding support for all company employees, contractors, interns, etc.
- Proactively manage all software/hardware licensing, warranties, vendor contracts and relationships, as they pertain to IT
- Proactively manage IT security related protocols such as Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Anti-Phishing and Malware appliances.
- Manage IT consultants to distribute workload and skillsets as required
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
- 10+ years’ experience working within information technology, focusing on small to medium sized business, both
- PC and Mac environment
- Strong understanding of Windows Server environments (File Server, AD DC, Exchange etc..)
- Strong understanding of SLA support requirements, particularly with senior executives
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture, cloud technologies & SaaS applications
- Experience in the most current technologies
- Strong problem solving, and communication skills required
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Project and Vendor Management experience
- Experience supporting IT in a Venture Capital and/or Private Equity firm a plus but not required
- Software development abilities a plus but not required
- Strong understanding of Quality Management Software, GMP 21CFRpart 11 regulations, GAMP5 compliant computerized systems, Clinical Operations data management
- Experience with GCP/GMP audits
- Experience with ERP, Quality Management, Clinical Data Management, Regulatory Compliance software
EDUCATION and Certifications
- Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred: MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CCNA, Sec+, CISM
- Competitive compensation
- Fully funded medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy including 13 paid holidays
- Parental Leave
- Cell Phone and home internet reimbursement
- Daily catered lunch, snacks and beverages
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number FS19-200 in the subject line.