Senior Manager, Accounting (SM21-266)
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking an exceptional Senior Manager, Accounting who is responsible for month-end/quarter-end close process and manages day-to-day activities for payroll and accounting payable. This role will supervise one AP accountant and report to the Controller.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a research and clinical development biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs in disorders of the complement and coagulation systems. Our protease engineering platform includes two late-stage clinical programs in hemophilia; a research program on engineering of subcutaneous (SQ) complement inhibitors; and a partnered preclinical development program with Biogen for dry age-related macular degeneration (“AMD”). The product candidates generated by our protease engineering platform have improved functionality and potency that allow for: SQ administration of recombinant coagulation factors and complement inhibitors; low-dose, high activity gene therapy constructs; and less frequently dosed intravitreal therapeutics. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
- Responsible for close activities including reviewing or preparing journal entries and reconciliations for various transactions and accounts.
- Management of accounting for manufacturing, non-clinical, clinical, consulting, and general administrative accruals.
- Oversee the monthly close process including account reconciliations/analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Oversee accounts payable function.
- Develop and manage the process for lab supply procurement.
- Perform payroll and 401(k) administration functions and related accounting.
- Prepare and file business property tax, 1099, sales & use tax and W-2 filings.
- Review monthly financial statements and trend analyses to ensure that all results are proper and prepared in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare audit requests and assist in the research and analysis of audit inquiries.
- Manage cash balances to ensure appropriate funding levels for operating needs.
- Through constant evaluation, ensure the training, growth, and development of team members.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, system improvements or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigned.
**Title and level to commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years of accounting, finance, and operations experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements.
- Payroll processing experience/ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Pro-active, self-starter with ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Life science / biotech experience a plus
- Experience with NetSuite
- Team player
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number (MV21-266) in the subject line.