Scientist I/II, Translational Research (NL20-223)
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Scientist I/II, Translational Research to join our team. The incumbent will drive and support translational research activities for the Company’s programs within Complement and bleeding disorders. You will work closely with internal and external collaborators across a broad range of disciplines from the earliest drug discovery activities that cover proof-of-concept studies to IND-enabling activities.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address important unmet needs within bleeding and complement related disorders. Catalyst has compounds that span the value chain from the earliest discovery to late stage clinical trials with the intent of commercialization.
- Support regulatory filings
- Edit and review protocols and documents for consistency, completeness and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate scientific creativity and independent thought on experimental design and translational research strategy
- Work collaboratively on multiple translational research projects and coordinate activities with different functional teams across the organization
- Manage and support translational studies with academic partners and/or contract research organization
- Manage daily operations to align with scientific directives from leadership and facilitate planning and tracking of timelines
- Analyze experimental data and communicate research findings in both written and oral formats
- Stay apprised of current translational medicine advancements and trends across complement related and bleeding therapeutics
- PhD with 2+ years of relevant experience OR MS with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in translational research in complement and/or coagulation is a plus
- Knowledgeable with bioanalytical assays (antigen and ADA) employed during drug discovery and development
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently, attention to detail, display scientific curiosity and strong scientific rationale with well-developed critical reasoning skills
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number NL20-223 in the subject line.