Lead Scientist, Translational Research – Complement (NL20-244)
Catalyst Biosciences (Catalyst, CBIO) is seeking a highly motivated and driven Lead Scientist to join our Translational Research in our South San Francisco office, reporting to our Senior Director of Translational Research. This role will focus on driving and supporting research activities for the Company’s drug discovery programs within complement disorders. The selected scientists will work closely with internal and external collaborators across a broad range of disciplines from the earliest drug discovery activities that cover proof-of-concept studies to participating in IND-enabling activities.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company developing drugs to treat complement related and bleeding disorders. We provide ample scientific challenges within a multidisciplinary team, enabling you to contribute to and gain knowledge of the full scope of the biopharmaceutical product development process from the earliest drug discovery all the way through early stage clinical development. We expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, a lot of energy, and pragmatism.
- Drive and support the design, experimental execution and data analysis of in silico, in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies focused on complement related disorders with sound judgement
- Engage and manage translational collaborations between Catalyst and the external scientific community within academia as well as industry to maintain productive collaborations
- Work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects and effectively act as the key interface between discovery, translational research, technical operations, and external technical/scientific teams.
- Communicates key program information, risks, and milestones across key stakeholders to define, revise and progress translational plans
- Collaborate with and provide strategic input to the entire organization to improve efficiency and accelerate the product pipeline forward
- Contribute to patent filings and publications
- Stay apprised of current translational medicine advancements and trends across complement related therapeutics
- Travel globally to represent Catalyst at conferences and meet with global collaborators and CROs
- Title and level to commensurate with experience
- PhD in the biological sciences or related discipline with at least 4+ years of prior research experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Expertise in complement pathway and/or protease biology is highly desirable
- Proven success in strategic planning, project leadership, laboratory and budget management in a matrixed organization with globally distributed vendors
- Demonstrated scientific acumen and mechanistic understanding of disease biology, MOA, and target profile
- Knowledgeable with bioanalytical assays employed during drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where speed is paramount
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently, attention to detail, display scientific curiosity and strong scientific rationale with well-developed critical reasoning skills
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number (NL20-244) in the subject line.