Director, Translational Research (TK20-209)
Do you want to help change the lives of people with complement related disorders and hemophilia?
We provide ample scientific challenges enabling you to have a real impact in an environment where you get the opportunity to take part in the entire biotech value chain from the earliest drug discovery all the way through late stage clinical development. We expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, a lot of energy and pragmatism.
Summary of the Position
The Director has primary responsibility for driving and supporting research activities for the Company’s drug discovery programs within complement and bleeding disorders. You will work closely with internal and external collaborators across a broad range of disciplines from the earliest drug discovery activities that cover proof-of-concept studies to participating in regulatory submissions and interactions.
- Drive and support the design and execution of in silico, in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies focused on complement related and bleeding disorders
- Provide strategic input and innovation proposals to ongoing as well as future activities
- Provide day-to-day scientific, technical, project and organizational leadership
- Develop/support pre-clinical and clinical study protocols, reports and registration activities
- Identify, select and manage vendors for pre-clinical studies, data analysis and reporting
- Manage translational projects including strategic as well as hands-on work
- Facilitate internal reviews of processes, assist in preparation of responses to findings and ensure timely completion of commitments
- Stay apprised of current translational medicine advancements and trends across complement related and bleeding therapeutics to ensure that we keep up with and go beyond the state-of-art
- Stay on the forefront of scientific advances in complement and bleeding disorders as well as monitoring industry developments regarding trends and competition through literature, conferences and stakeholder interactions
- Identify, engage, and support the success of translational collaboration between Catalyst and the external scientific community within academia as well as industry
- Travel globally to represent Catalyst at conferences and for partnership development purposes, participate in due diligence processes, as required
- There is flexibility with the level of this position (Director) as we are seeking a stellar contributor whose level will be matched to their qualifications and skills
- PhD in the biological sciences with a postdoctoral fellowship in a related discipline
- Experience in a management or leadership role with increasing levels of responsibility in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledgeable with assays and analytics employed during drug discovery and development
- Expertise in designing, directing, and executing translational assays as well as animal studies
- Experience supervising GLP studies and knowledgeable of the GLP process
- Experience as a principal investigator in an academic or industry setting with proven expertise in assay development, patent filings, IND development and a high-quality publication record
- Proven success in strategic planning, project leadership, laboratory and budget management in a matrixed organization with globally distributed vendors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, displaying scientific curiosity, scientific rational and pre-clinical and clinical development methodologies
- Demonstrated excellence with translational complement or coagulation research is a plus
- Demonstrated record within:
- Leadership, collaboration, and teamwork
- Problem solving and fact-based decision making
- Drive, Intensity, Enthusiasm, Flexibility
- Goal orientated with a strong bias towards action
- Attention to quality and detail
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number TK20-209 in the subject line. We will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.