Director, New Product and Pipeline Planning (JL20-211)
Do you want to help drive the near as well as long term commercial success of an exciting biotech portfolio?
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking an energetic and self-starting Director, New Product and Pipeline Planning for its South San Francisco HQ. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Business Development and offers a highly visible opportunity to significantly contribute to both the near term and long-term commercial success of our entire portfolio, which spans early to late stage assets in complement and bleeding disorders. Our new Director will be responsible for providing commercial assessments and guidance across our portfolio including key early and late stage product planning, market research, competitive positioning and preferred product presentation.
About Catalyst Biosciences
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address important unmet needs within bleeding and complement related disorders. Catalyst has compounds that span the value chain from the earliest discovery to late stage clinical trials with the intent of commercialization. Common to the compounds is that they are generated by utilizing our protease engineering platform.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all Catalyst units to develop and enhance the value of our anti-complement and hematology portfolios, including positioning of early stage programs and Life Cycle Management (LCM) planning for late phase assets
- Develop disease area understanding, map competitive landscapes, identify additional unmet needs
- Develop detailed short- and long-term target product profiles to support our pre-clinical and clinical programs
- Provide commercial input and strategic guidance to cross-functional program leads and their teams to inform key business and development decisions
- Identify critical knowledge gaps in key disease areas and execute primary and/or secondary market research to address relevant needs
- Develop global forecast and valuation models that accurately assess the market opportunity associated with pipeline candidates in different indications as needed
- Regularly develop and deliver presentations to executive and senior leadership
- BS/BA degree in business, life sciences, or related discipline. Advanced degree, e.g. MBA, MPH, PharmD, PhD strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant commercial/product development experience in the consulting and/or biopharmaceutical industry including a minimum of 3 years in new product planning roles.
- Experience from successful rare disease companies and top-tier consultancies will be considered a strong plus.
- Outstanding strategic, planning and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize data and deliver a clear overview of commercial strategy, opportunity and risks to the Executive Team
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with scientific and commercial teams
- Strong understanding of the drug development process including strategic, operational, and financial aspects, a strong preference for firsthand experience with rare diseases and biologics
- Ability to synthesize findings and clearly articulate implications from multiple sources of information, including primary and secondary market research and data, and to formulate strong, supportable recommendations.
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment, fostering open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent changes, foresee risks and proactively mitigate delays, or unexpected events with maturity and professionalism.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and seamlessly at multiple “altitudes” within the organization. Maintains a “no job is too big or too small” attitude.
We offer competitive compensation including base salary + bonus, stock options, ESPP, 401(k) match, health benefits, paid time off and relocation assistance if needed.
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number JL20-211 in the subject line. We will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.