Associate Director/Director, Drug Discovery Project Management (NC20-226)
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking a passionate, experienced, and collaborative Research Drug Discovery Project Manager for its South San Francisco HQ. The position reports directly to the Vice President, Project Management and offers a highly visible opportunity to make an impact and significantly contribute to driving multiple internal and globally partnered drug discovery programs in a fast-growing company doing cutting edge science within biopharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director/Director, Drug Discovery Project Manager is a strong scientific project manager and partners with the early Drug Discovery Teams to drive the execution of high quality, global, integrated and cross-functional projects. The Drug Discovery project Manager helps develop overall program strategy and directly interacts with internal collaborators across the organization including non-clinical, clinical, CMC and regulatory as well as with external collaborators across Academia and Industry.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a protease engineering biopharmaceutical company with research spanning early discovery to late stage clinical development. We are focused on developing novel medicines to address important unmet medical needs in patients with rare complement and bleeding related disorders.
- The Drug Discovery Research Project Manager supports the research team in managing complex programs, by applying well-developed scientific skills in combination with stellar project management skills
- Manages interfaces with global academia and external industry collaboration partners through strong partnership and teamwork, progressing activities as planned and on schedule
- Identifies key goals and supports development and implementation of Research strategies with input from internal stakeholders
- Establishes, implements and maintains detailed project plans through partnering with Program Leads and collaborating with functions across the organization such as Non-clinical, Clinical, CMC and Regulatory
- Identifies risks and develops contingency/mitigation plans together with Program Leads to keep research projects on track and help anticipate and resolve scientific, as well as process related challenges
- Ensures transparent communication of activities and status within the project, its sub-teams and to key stakeholders including the senior leadership team
- Escalates Research project or resource issues and risks to program and functional management in a timely fashion
- Identifies and implements effective processes and innovative solutions to support efficiency improvements in Research projects
- Facilitates effective meetings, preparing clear agendas & minutes, fostering robust communication centered around key scientific data
- Helps anticipate and resolve potential conflicts to ensure continuous delivery of the desired outcomes in Research Projects
- Prepares high quality presentations in partnership with Research Project Lead(s) for communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Supports development and adherence to budget through pro-active identification and resolution of any resource issues
*additional duties and responsibilities not listed here may be required
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD) preferred
- Work experience in biotech, consulting or related areas, of which 3+ years managing projects
- Early stage drug discovery and drug development experience with biologics is considered a clear advantage
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing external collaboration partners and contract organizations
- Exceptional scientific, analytical, and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with minimal oversight in a dynamic environment
- High emotional intelligence to foster optimal team performance through strong interpersonal and influencing skills in a matrix environment
- Highly collaborative team player with excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of innovative problem solving in scientific disciplines to achieve results in line with strategic direction
- Proficient in project management principles and tools (eg, MS Project, team collaboration tools, One Pager, Power BI, etc.)
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number (NC20-226) in the subject line.