Associate Director/Director, Complement Drug Discovery (TK20-249)
Catalyst Biosciences (Catalyst, CBIO) is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director/Director focused on Complement Drug Discovery to join our team in our South San Francisco office. This role will focus on driving and supporting research and project management activities for the Company’s drug discovery programs within complement disorders. The right person will work closely with internal and external collaborators across a broad range of disciplines from the earliest drug discovery activities that cover proof-of-concept studies to participating in IND-enabling activities.
**Title/Level will commensurate with education and experience.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical protease engineering company developing protein-based drugs to treat complement related and bleeding disorders. In other words: you will have a chance to improve people’s lives – while being in the midst of truly fascinating science!
We provide ample scientific challenges and personal development opportunities within a multidisciplinary and diverse team. This mix will let you contribute to and gain knowledge of the full scope of the biopharmaceutical product development process from the earliest drug discovery all the way through early stage clinical development. We expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, good humor and energy, and to be equipped with a good dose of common sense with a bias towards action and pragmatism.
- Drive and support the design, experimental execution and data analysis of in silico, in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies focused on complement related disorders
- Engage and manage productive translational collaborations internally as well as with the external scientific community within academia as well as industry
- Work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects and effectively act as the key interface between discovery, translational research, biologics manufacturing and controls, and external technical/scientific teams.
- Communicate key program information, risks, and milestones to key stakeholders to define, revise and progress translational plans in collaboration with program leadership teams
- Stay apprised of state-of-the art translational medicine and trends across complement related therapeutics
- Prepare quality presentations for internal and external stakeholder communication
- Contribute to patent filings and publications
- Help anticipate and resolve potential conflicts to ensure continuous delivery of the desired outcomes in projects
- Travel globally when needed, e.g. to conferences and to meet with collaborators
- PhD in natural sciences, e.g. biology, pharmacology, veterinary medicine or similar
- Expertise in complement pathway and/or protease biology is highly desirable
- Team player
- Proven success in moving scientific projects forward to obtain tangible outcomes
- Proven success in planning, small scale project leadership, laboratory and budget management in a matrixed organization with globally distributed vendors preferred
- Knowledgeable with bioanalytical assays for drug discovery and development
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment without forgetting being human
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-manage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at different organizational levels
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number (TK20-249) in the subject line.