Associate Director/Director, Clinical Project and Alliance Management (NC20-250)
Catalyst Biosciences (Catalyst, CBIO) is seeking a passionate, experienced, and collaborative Associate Director/Director, Clinical Project and Alliance Management, for its South San Francisco headquarters. The position reports directly to the Vice President, Project Management, and offers a highly visible opportunity to make an impact and significantly contribute to managing multiple clinical stage programs in a fast-growing company.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address important unmet medical needs in patients with rare bleeding and complement related disorders. Catalyst currently has compounds in discovery and development phases that span the value chain from the early discovery stage to late stage clinical trials with the intent of commercialization.
The Associate Director/Director, Clinical Project and Alliance Manager, partners with the Program Lead to drive clinical stage program/s to approval; develops and executes high quality, global, integrated, and cross-functional project plans enabling program strategies; directly interacts and manages activities with external collaboration partners.
- Partner with program lead and project core team to drive planning, risk management, scheduling and budgeting to ensure goals are achieved
- Strong partnership and teamwork with external collaboration partners progressing activities as planned and on schedule
- Identifies key goals and supports development of program strategies with input from internal stakeholders
- Partners with CMC, Non-clinical, Clinical, Commercial, Regulatory Affairs and other sub-teams to establish, implement, and maintain high-quality detailed project plans
- Establish, implement, and manage program risk management process and work with team to develop contingency/mitigation plans
- Pro-active in escalating project or resource issues and program risks to stakeholders and functional management
- Prepares presentations in partnership with teams for communication with internal and external stakeholders, and ensures transparent communication of activities and status within program teams
- Ensures development and implementation of effective processes and innovative solutions to support efficiencies in the management of projects
- Establish, implement, and manage project management systems to support high performing teams
- Facilitate effective meetings, preparing clear agendas & minutes, fostering robust communication, resolving conflicts, clarifying meeting objectives and ensuring desired outcomes
*Additional duties and responsibilities not listed here may be required.
- Degree in Biological Sciences required. MS or PhD preferred
- Minimum of 12 years work experience in biotech industry, including 3+ years managing clinical stage projects; biologics experience preferred
- Experience successfully managing external collaboration partners/alliances is a strong plus
- Excellent understanding of drug development and the interdependent activities with Clinical, Non-clinical, CMC, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Commercial and other functions in managing clinical/late-stage assets
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills to manage multiple projects with minimal oversight in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with experience managing project team performance in a fast-moving matrix environment while ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative team player with excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of strategic thinking, innovative problem solving and achieving results
- Proficient in project management principles and tools (i.e., MS Project, team collaboration tools, One Pager, etc.)
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number (NC20-250) in the subject line.