Assay Scientist (JM20-246)
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking an experienced Assay Scientist for its South San Francisco HQ reporting to our Senior Director of Translational Research. Our new scientist will have expertise in assay development to apply to the discovery of engineered protease biopharmaceuticals in rare diseases and systemic complement-mediated disorders. You will have a strong background in biochemistry and assay development with a desire to apply it in a drug discovery environment.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address hematology indications. Catalyst is focused on the field of hemostasis, including the subcutaneous prophylaxis of hemophilia, and facilitating surgery in individuals with hemophilia. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
- Create and establish target-specific assays to support screening, optimization and lead candidate selection in multiple projects in our therapeutic areas of interest
- Direct performance of assays for a variety of functional assessments to understand the mechanism of our biotherapeutics and drive design of new and improved variants
- Participate actively in the optimization of assay workflows and introduce new technology and/or methodology that can increase quality, information content and throughput
- Work independently and contribute constructively in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment
**Title/Level will commensurate with education and experience.
- PhD in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with in vitro pharmacology in translational research
- Understanding of a variety of assay types (e.g., enzyme kinetics, binding kinetics, receptor activation, bioassays, potency release assays and ADA)
- Working knowledge of protein chemistry would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within project teams
- Keen interest in continued learning in biology, assays and drug discovery
- Experience in working with contract research organizations a plus, but not a necessity
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number (JM20-246) in the subject line.