Assay Scientist (JM20-245)
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking an Assay Scientist for its South San Francisco HQ reporting to our Senior Director of Translational Research. Our new scientist will have expertise in assay development to apply to the discovery of engineered protease biopharmaceuticals in rare diseases and systemic complement-mediated disorders. You will have a strong background as an in vitro pharmacologist familiar with developing biochemical and cell-based assays in a drug discovery environment. You will also have knowledge and tangible experience in designing assay cascades that will help us progress our projects in a timely manner.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address hematology indications. Catalyst is focused on the field of hemostasis, including the subcutaneous prophylaxis of hemophilia, and facilitating surgery in individuals with hemophilia. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
- Create and establish target-specific assays to support screening, optimization and lead candidate selection in multiple projects in our therapeutic areas of interest
- Supervise performance of assays for a variety of functional assessments to understand the mechanism of our biotherapeutics and drive design of new and improved variants
- Spearhead the optimization of assay workflows and introduce new technology and/or methodology that can increase quality, information content and throughput
- Participate actively in generating new therapeutic projects
- Work independently and contribute constructively in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment
- Title and level will be commensurate with education and experience
- PhD in relevant field or equivalent experience in drug discovery environment with focus on peptide or protein biohparmaceuticals
- Demonstrated familiarity with in vitro pharmacology in translational research
- Solid knowledge of pharmacological concepts including kinetics, potency, efficacy, PD endpoints and PK
- Understanding of a variety of assay types including enzyme kinetics, binding kinetics, receptor activation, bioassays, potency release assays and ADA
- Motivation to work on multiple projects simultaneously and capacity to balance effort and deliverables accordingly
- Eye for detail and consistency in planning, execution and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within project teams
- Keen interest in continued learning in biology, assays and drug discovery
- Experience in working with contract research organizations a plus, but not a necessity
- Direct knowledge of the complement system would be an advantage
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to email@example.com, referencing requisition number (JM20-245) in the subject line.