Accounting Manager, Accounting and SEC Reporting (MV20-241)
Reporting to the Senior Director, Accounting & SEC Reporting, the Accounting Manager is a “hands on” position with primary responsibilities for Catalyst’s clinical trial and manufacturing accounting, planning, financial reporting financial close and SOX responsibilities. This position works directly with a wide range of individuals including, Senior Management, finance team, external project team, vendors and CRO’s (Contract Research Organizations).
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address hematology indications. Catalyst is focused on the field of hemostasis, including the subcutaneous prophylaxis of hemophilia, and facilitating surgery in individuals with hemophilia. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
Accounting for Clinical Trials, Manufacturing Expenses and Collaboration Agreements
- Maintenance and improvement of processes to support the Company’s accounting and reporting related to clinical trial and manufacturing expenses, including communicating with business partners (internal & external) for preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, audit support, SOX PBC schedules
- Lead monthly meetings with external CRO’s, senior clinical and manufacturing management to provide project status updates and obtain validation of percentage and units completed
- Review clinical trial protocols and translate information to financial implications. Maintain clinical accounting policies and procedures; recommend procedural changes when necessary
- Drive month-end close processes associated with all clinical and manufacturing accounting and reconciliations
Other Accounting, Financial & SEC Reporting Responsibilities
- Oversight and ownership of equity administration and all equity related transactions including working with external stock plan administrator to records and reconcile equity activity
- Work closely with the Accounting Team and vendors to determine monthly and quarterly accruals for clinical and manufacturing vendors
- Complete account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness maintaining GAAP compliance
- Complete, accurate and supported monthly close journal entries.
- Support SEC reporting by preparing schedules to support quarterly and annual disclosures e.g. manufacturing commitment schedules
- Prepare the GAAP and Disclosure checklists for the 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Update financial sections of the 10-Q and 10-K and draft sections of the MD&A
- Act as point person for external audit and outsourced tax group support
- Participate and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control certification requirements
- Support annual and quarterly audit preparation activities
- Special projects as requested, particularly related to implementation of new processes and accounting policies
**Title/Level to commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor's required, CPA preferred
- 4 year plus relative experience
- Life Science industry experience preferred with specific experience in drug manufacturing and clinical trials
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Blend of public and private experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the role of finance and accounting in supporting the company’s strategy
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC Reporting and SOX 404 compliance
- Proven success working well under pressure, highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an environment with continued process improvement and change
- Advanced Excel skills required
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number (MV20-241) in the subject line.