Reporting to the CSO, the Director, Pharmacology (in vivo) will oversee translation research teams to execute in vivo studies, executed in-house or through CROs.
About Catalyst Biosciences, the Protease Medicines company
Catalyst is a research and clinical development biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs in rare disorders of the complement and coagulation systems. Our protease engineering platform has generated two late-stage clinical programs, including MarzAA, a subcutaneously (SQ) administered next-generation engineered coagulation Factor VIIa (FVIIa) for the treatment of episodic bleeding in subjects with rare bleeding disorders. Our complement pipeline includes a pre-clinical C3-degrader program partnered with Biogen for dry age-related macular degeneration, an improved complement factor I protease for SQ replacement therapy in patients with CFI deficiency and C4b-degraders designed to target disorders of the classical complement pathway as well as other complement programs in development.
- Conceptualize, design, and guide the execution of in vivo studies performed both internally and externally.
- Provide strategic and scientific leadership as it relates to pharmacology efforts to advance projects as required.
- Plan, resource and prioritize in-house and outsourced pharmacology activities.
- Manage, mentor and guide team of scientists.
**Title/Level will commensurate with years of experience and education
- PhD plus 8 years plus of combined years of postdoctoral research experience and/or in vivo experience in biotech and/or pharma industry.
- Experience working with external service providers.
- Experiencing writing detailed in vivo protocols.
- Experience directing the work of in vivo scientists.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number (GB21-288) in the subject line.